Forum Terms and Conditions
These house rules help protect users and allow you to get the most out of the forums.
By registering for our website and taking part in the discussions on the forums you agree to:
• Keep your messages civil, tasteful and relevant
• Maintain respect for other people
• Post your message under the relevant thread
• Use only one account to access the message boards – users creating multiple accounts will be suspended
• Be sensitive to the thoughts and feelings of others – something that you may consider acceptable may be offensive to others
• Be aware that protocols for managing Psoriasis and dealing with acute exacerbations may vary vastly, particularly at the severe end of the spectrum- if your protocol is unusual, please exercise caution and judgment in posting about it to avoid giving others the impression that it is safe for them to behave in a similar way
• Read your posts before submitting them to the forum, considering the above point – writing on message boards is different to the spoken word, and a simple written comment may be unintentionally offensive to others
• Be patient and considerate of message board users who may be less able than you
• Avoid using “text speak” in your posts, as this can prove extremely difficult for users with dyslexia to understand
• Remember that boards are read by many different people of different ages and backgrounds; there may be children, the press, MPs and potential charity supporters accessing and reading – please ensure that your message is appropriate for anyone to read.
And you agree not to:
• Use obscenity or insults
• ‘Flame’ or attack people individually
• Post your message twice under different subtopics
• Publish email addresses, phone numbers, or other contact details in posts
• Allow other people to post to the forum using your account
• Post messages advertising commercial products or services: these will be deleted
• Post messages promoting any product that claims to cure Psoriasis or reduce Psoriasis symptoms. Any such post will be removed immediately by the moderator.
• Use the private messaging service to send multiple copies of the same message
• Post messages merely to tell everyone how ill you are: this is disrespectful to other message board users and goes against the nature of using the message board as a discussion forum
• Post messages to ask for participants for ANY research, be it Psoriasis-related or not: Psoriasis Help Organisation insists on vetting all such requests, and so you should contact them via telephone or e-mail in the first instance
Unlawful, harassing, defamatory, explicit, abusive, threatening, harmful, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, racially offensive, or otherwise objectionable material is not acceptable and will be removed.
Psoriasis Help Orgaisations forums are for debate and discussion. Especially, they are not a suitable place to obtain medical advice in an emergency. If you feel unwell or need advice in an emergency situation, help should be obtained from one of the following sources:
• Your local GP service – either your surgery, or, if closed, the local out-of-hours centre; some regions also have NHS Walk-In Centres
• Dialling 999 for an emergency ambulance, or by going to your local Accident & Emergency department.
Any posts made requesting emergency advice will be removed so as to avoid causing upset to other message board users.
Opinions expressed in the forums are users’ own, not those of Psoriasis Help Organisation, and are in no way a substitute for medical advice.
For the benefit of all users we operate a warning system for behaviour that does not adhere to the above rules. Warnings will be issued by a moderator, via the messaging system. If you receive three warnings your access to the message boards will be suspended. You will need to contact Psoriasis Help Organisation to ask them to consider reinstating your account in this instance.
The forums are moderated by a team of volunteers who give up their time to ensure the message boards are a safe and friendly place to go for advice, information and support. The boards are moderated and reviewed daily; any postings that are deemed to be contrary to these terms and conditions will be edited, or, in the worst cases, deleted.
At all times, the moderators’ decision is final. If you disagree with a moderator’s decision you can contact them via a private Message, or send an e-mail to email@example.com. No discussion into moderator decisions will be entered into with any member who was not the recipient of that decision.
To post in the forums you must register for an account and supply an email address. Psoriasis Help Organisation will not pass this on to any third party.
• If you are under 18 get a parent or guardian’s permission before posting in the forums
• Remember people on the internet may not be who they say they are
• Do not reveal any personal information about yourself (for example: your telephone number, home address or email address)
• Do not arrange to meet up with people you talk to on the internet
Copyright and editing
Information copyrighted or owned by any individual or entity other than the member should not be posted on the discussion forum without the consent of the owner. You may not violate, plagiarise, or infringe on the rights of third parties including copyright, trademark, trade secret, privacy, personal, publicity, or proprietary rights. If such an event occurs, the individual posting the information shall be held solely responsible. Psoriasis Help Organisation shall not be held responsible for member-posted information that may violate copyright law.
Psoriasis Help Organisation reserves the right to edit or remove a post which does not meet with the criteria outlined above and to ban any member of the forum.
Psoriasis Help Organisation will not publish or provide your email address to anyone. We reserve the right to quote from your discussion forum posts in Psoriasis Help Organisation publications, appeals, press releases and other material. However, we promise to be sensitive in this effort. We will not republish anything you write that we think could be deemed personally endangering, inflammatory or embarrassing to you without your consent.
Psoriasis Help Organisation complies with the 1998 Data Protection Act.
If you have any concerns about posts or users in the forums, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.